State Water Resources Control Board adopts emergency statewide regulations
Vallecitos is currently in a voluntary Level 1 “Drought Watch”. Moving to Level 2 “Drought Alert” would include the following mandated water-use restrictions:
1. No more than three assigned days per week for landscape irrigation.
2. Limit 10 minutes per water station.
3. Irrigate between 6 pm and 10 am only.
4. Use of a bucket or hand-held hose with positive shut-off nozzle for areas not irrigated by a landscape irrigation system.
5. Water leaks to be repaired within 72 hours of notification.
6. Prohibit operation of ornamental fountains and water features unless water is recirculated.
7. Current voluntary conservation practices become mandatory (washing paved areas prohibited, run-off or water flows onto non-targeted areas prohibited, wash vehicles with hand-held hose with positive shut-off nozzle, etc.).
See Vallecitos’s Drought Response Conservation Ordinance for more details.