Vallecitos Board of Directors declares drought over
At a regular meeting on February 15, 2017, Vallecitos' Board voted to rescind the voluntary drought restrictions under its “Level 1 – Drought Watch.” Vallecitos customers may irrigate any day of the week with no limit on the number of watering days, and may irrigate their landscapes for as many minutes as needed. However, the Board continued to express their desire to sustain water conservation as a permanent way of life. Vallecitos’ ordinance still permanently prohibits wasteful practices, such as:
* Watering between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
* Watering within 48 hours of measurable rain
* Visible irrigation runoff
* Hosing down hardscapes (patios, sidewalks, etc.)
* Not using a shut-off nozzle when washing cars
* Not fixing leaks within 48 hours of discovery
* Full list of permanent restrictions, which meet all State drought requirements
As conservation is still important, customers are encouraged to take advantage of rebates, free landscape irrigation audits, water-wise gardening classes and other programs available throughout San Diego County. More information.