At Vallecitos, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. In order to minimize exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19, the District's lobby is closed to the public. Customers may still interact with Vallecitos staff via phone at (760) 744-0460 or by email.

  • Water bills can be paid in a variety of ways that do not involve visiting District offices, such as online billing or using our drop-box outside. 
    Learn more about payment options...
  • Water safety remains unaffected so customers can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual.  Learn more...
  • Board of Directors meetings will be teleconferenced until further notice. Learn more...


Help paying your bill

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Vallecitos understands that our customers may suffer from the economic impacts related to the outbreak of COVID-19. If you or your family are having trouble paying your utility bill, please contact our Customer Service staff at (760) 744-0460. We will work with you through this difficult time and can offer creative payment plans or stretch payments out over a longer period of time if necessary. Given the importance of hygiene and sanitation to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are postponing water shutoffs due to late payments until further notice.

Why can’t you just forgive my bill? We can’t, unfortunately. Prop. 218, voted into law by California voters in 1996, prohibits government agencies from allowing some customers to subsidize other customers. Doing so would be illegal for Vallecitos since we are a non-profit, government agency. We don’t make a penny on the water we sell. The reason electric companies, phone companies and other utilities can offer discounts and bill forgiveness is because they are for-profit agencies. 

If you can’t pay your water bill, here are some resources that may be able to help.

211 is a 24-hour phone referral service for people needing assistance with paying utility bills, food, health services, domestic violence assistance, shelter and many other needs. When you call, you get an actual human on the phone who will do a database search to help you find solutions. Often, water bill funding is quickly depleted in San Diego County, but 211 researchers can help find potential funding for other utilities to offset costs. Call them at 211 or use the 211 website link above.

San Diego County United Way fund is intended to help with utility bills, rent and mortgage payments. It’s for low-wage workers who need support for a limited but undetermined length of time.

Modest Needs Foundation is a grant program. It is for unusual or emergency situations, and if approved, Modest Needs would pay the bill in its entirety. You would not be expected to repay the grant.