Residential Water Meters
Vallecitos Water District provides water to properties through water mains. A water main connection is established at the frontage of the property and is brought to the property line. Then a meter box and a water meter are installed. The size of the meter is determined by water usage/water demand and fire flow.
Capital Facility Fees are paid to the District to provide water and wastewater services to the property. Fees are determined by Ordinance 175 and modified by Ordinance 188. Water service lines run from the meter box to the residence. Sewer lateral lines run from the sewer main to the residence. These lines are the responsibility of the property owner and require periodic maintenance to ensure functionality.
Construction Water Meters
Construction Meter: Construction meter requests either for installation, relocation or removal can be processed at the Engineering Counter during regular business hours. A map with address and location information including cross streets is required to request all meter services. Current fees are payable by cash or check. Please call (760) 744-0460 x 269 Engineering Counter for additional information.
- Customer is responsible for any damage to meter or fire hydrant stem.
- Water usage without authorization is a violation of the law.
- Construction Meter Application for New Installs/Relocations and Construction Meter Removal Form
- Construction Meter Fees and Charges
- Construction meters are for short term water usage, no more than 90 days unless approved by General Manager.
- Construction meters are for construction water use ONLY. Questions regarding approved uses contact Engineering.
- Construction meters require a deposit and an installation charge. (cash or check)
- Construction meters may require a Back Flow Device. Private Back Flow devices must be removed prior to pick up.
- Installation requests require a minimum of 48 hours advance notice.
- Relocation requests require a minimum of 48 hours advance notice and are subject to additional charges.
- Meters are billed the current ready-to-serve fee for temporary construction meters.
- Meters are billed at the current Tier 4 rates for usage. Billing cycle is monthly.
- Late fees are assessed for late payments 21+ days past due.