At Vallecitos, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. In order to minimize exposure and slow the spread of COVID-19, the District's lobby is closed to the public. Customers may still interact with Vallecitos staff via phone at (760) 744-0460 or by email.

  • Water bills can be paid in a variety of ways that do not involve visiting District offices, such as online billing or using our drop-box outside. 
    Learn more about payment options...
  • Water safety remains unaffected so customers can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual.  Learn more...
  • Board of Directors meetings will be teleconferenced until further notice. Learn more...


Engineering Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How do I obtain water or sewer services from Vallecitos Water District?

The property owner would need to contact the Engineering Department to determine if the parcel is within the water or sewer boundaries of the Vallecitos Water District or if the property would need annexation prior to receiving services.

What needs to be done to install new water or sewer services to my property?

The District will need a Water Meter Demand Form, a site plan showing the lot acreage, buildings planned, irrigation area, designated open space, proposed location of water and/or sewer services, and the fire flow - building sprinkler requirements from the local fire department.

Water meter sizes and Capital Facility fees including the San Diego County Water Authority fees are calculated based on acreage and estimated usage. Fees are adjusted annually. The timing of Capital Facility Fees payments are determined by Vallecitos Resolution 1441. Inspection Deposits (page 4, section 3.1) must be paid prior to the installation of services.

Water services, meters and sewer laterals are to be installed by private contractors and at the expense of the property owner. Private contractors must have a Class A: General Engineering Contractor, C36: Plumbing Contractor; or a C42: Sanitation System Contractor and the work must be inspected by Vallecitos Water District personnel.

How do I activate existing water or sewer services on my property?

Contact the Customer Service Department. The billing information will need to be updated (name, address, etc.). Please provide the property address and/or meter number.

How do I obtain a construction meter for my project?

An installation/relocation request form for a Construction Meter must be filled out in the Engineering Department during regular business hours. The deposit, installation, and removal fee will be required (check or cash). Additionally a site map showing the proposed location of the fire hydrant where the construction meter is to be placed must be supplied. If a backflow device is required it must be tested by a District approved certified tester within one working day of installation. All costs associated with the installation; testing and compliance of the backflow assembly are the responsibility of the customer.

The relocation of a construction meter also requires completion of the installation/relocation request form. The removal of a Construction Meter shall be requested by submitting a construction meter removal form along with the location map for each relocation or removal. Please refer to Construction Meter Fees and Charges for current rates.

When are backflow devices required?

In order to protect the public potable water supply from cross-contamination, District approved backflow prevention devices are required for:

  • Irrigation water meters
  • commercial water meters
  • industrial water meters
  • multi-family dwelling water meters

Backflow devices are to be installed by at the expense of the customer. The customer shall arrange to have each device tested by a District approved certified tester immediately after the installation and at least once a year thereafter. A copy of the test results  must be submitted annually to the District.   

What is the static water pressure at my property? 

A rough estimate of your static water pressure can by determined with a few short steps. Contact the Engineering Department to determine which pressure zone feeds the property. Calculate the approximate static pressure by subtracting the site elevation from the hydraulic grade line (tank elevation) of the appropriate pressure zone, and then multiply the difference by 0.433. The Engineering staff can help you determine the static water pressure by calling with the location of the property (street address or Assessor's Parcel Number).

It is the District’s policy that the allowable static pressure range at the water meter is 40 psi to 150 psi. A pressure regulator is required to be installed on the District’s side of the meter if water pressure exceeds 175 psi. A pressure regulator may be needed on the customer’s side of the meter, at the property owner’s expense, to achieve the desired pressure on site.







Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer